This page has some quick notes about training at Pincher SAR.
You can find out about the currently scheduled training on the Calendar.
Typically we have a 2.5 hour training session on the first Tuesday of each month from 19:00 to 21:30 at the fire hall. Usually there is a daytime training event once a month on a weekend. During the summer months SAR hikes are scheduled.
Each year in December, we plan the schedule for the coming year.
Training is overseen and organized by the Training Committee.
- Search Management
- using the PCSAR website
- Wilderness Exercises
- See the section on skills for a list of other skills.
- Avalanche Skills Training Level 1
- Swift Water Rescue
- Rope Rescue
- AdventureSmart Presenter
 Self Study
- Self Study Resources lists resources you might want to check out.
 Source materials
- See the section on skills for a list of source materials.
- Click here for a list of lesson plans.
- NFPA standards
 Provincial training
A lot of the provincially funded courses include lunches for the students. Here's some contacts we use: